31 August 2014−5 September 2014,
San Francisco, California, USA
The 14th International Workshop on the Physics of Compressible Turbulent Mixing (IWPCTM) will be held 31 August 2014−5 September 2014 at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel in San Francisco, California, USA, and is hosted by the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
This workshop has been held approximately biennially since 1988, and aims to bring together researchers from universities and research laboratories worldwide to discuss the state-of-the-art in theory, modeling, experiment and simulation of compressible and variable-density turbulent mixing induced by hydrodynamic instabilities in multi-material hydrodynamic flows.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines now available on the Proceedings page
Final Workshop Schedule and Daily Agenda available on Schedule page
This workshop focuses on both fundamental and applied aspects of turbulent mixing, and includes (but is not limited to):
- Richtmyer−Meshkov instability
- Kelvin−Helmholtz instability
- Combined instabilities
- Compressible and variable-density mixing layers
- Experimental, numerical and theoretical studies
- Numerical, experimental, analytical and semi-analytical techniques
- Direct numerical simulation (DNS), large-eddy simulation (LES) and Reynolds-averaged turbulence modeling
- Applications including inertial confinement fusion (ICF), astrophysics, high-energy density physics, and materials science
The workshop will include both oral and poster presentations, together with informal round table discussion sessions. Following the workshop, the presentations and posters will be made available on the conference website. Furthermore, it is expected that peer-reviewed papers based on the oral presentations will be published in a special issue of a scientific journal (to be determined).
Local Organizing Committee (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Oleg Schilling, Chairman and Technical Coordinator
- Darlene Henry, Administrative Coordinator
- Jenny Kelley, Administrative Coordinator
For inquiries regarding the workshop, please contact the organizers at email@example.com.